Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jun 1, 2004, 3:08 PM   #1

How many pics can I take with a 256MB SD in a Optio S4i, suposing I will take with 2304 and ** or ***?

And another thing: can you advise me on deciding between ** and ***? The copy on paper will be surely 18x13cm.

xnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2004, 7:12 PM   #2

Using 256 MB SD card, I get 89 pics with highest pixels and quality level settings.
Yoisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 1:04 AM   #3

I am using 2304 with ** and can get around 160 pics with my 256MB card. With * it would probably make some 250 pics. If you have not bought the card already, I recommend you to take a fast one (e.g. Sandisk Ultra II) to shorten the loading time.

I have never made prints so far and cannot tell you anything about the quality difference on paper. It probably depends very much on the subject. Outdoor daylight pics would certainly not be a problem whereas indoor picturesmight lose too much with *.

I would suggest you make two or three duplicate pics with ** and ** and find out if the quality is still good enough for you.

HappyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 6:38 AM   #4

*** Stars and a 256mb card ad FUll res will net about 85 Pictures.

And this how you should use the camera unless you know the pics are not for printing.

If you just need to Email Pics for the web you can always drop the res down to 1200x1024.

The *** indicate how much compressioin the Camera uses more *** is equal to less compression aka more data, less is thrown away.

anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote