Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:19 AM   #1

Hi, I bought few S4 few weeks ago, and I have the last few days to change it for S4i. Should I do that? I am satisfied with the camera, but s4i has some new features(LCD, charging, ISO400, ..), but according to some reviews it seems that picture quality is worse than S4. So I am not sure. Coul anyone give me reasonable advice, if I should stay with s4, or change it.

Thank you.
marco31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:33 AM   #2

I am quite happy with my S4i which makes pretty good picture. I have seen in the forums, that some peoplehad quality problems with the camera and had to sendit to Pentax for adjustment. The bat picture quality was so obvious and I think that the complaints have become less and less. The forumsnever reflect a good overall picture, because people use to post a thread only when they have a ploblem.

If you feel that extras you would get with the S4i ist worth the price difference, then you should change. The picture quality should be the same, because the lens and the CCD are the same.

ISO 400 is not an advantage, because it is never used on automatic mode. At low light conditionsyou get picture noise even with ISO 200 - try it out - which is normal for tiny pocket cameras.

The "green mode" button for fully automatic snap-shots, the docking tray and the larger LCD are fine new features. The LCD however has a lower resolution because they did not increase the number of pixels - compare it with your S4 to find out if it still good enough for you.

HappyMac is offline   Reply With Quote