Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jun 30, 2004, 12:43 AM   #1

I'm very close to buying a 43WR and really like the highres movie modes but all the info I've seen say you use a program called ACDsee to transfer movies to computer, which I don't really care for. I'm running Mac OS X and would prefer to use Image Capture for movies and iPhoto for stills. I didn't see any pentax cameras in an OSX compatibility listing. Anyone know if I will be able to use Apples programs or do I have to use ACDsee?
Few is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:05 AM   #2

Hi Few, welcome on board OSX user!

I have a Pentax Optio S4i from which I download to my Powerbook using Panther. There is absolutelyNO problem from the first time you plug it in. I would however not use cardadapters, there you might have the wrong driver or an incompatible card brand.

Pictures: Stills open in iPhoto, the camera being recognised. If iPhoto should start or not at plug-in can be defined in the utilities programm "digital images" of OSX.

Movies: Just pull the movies out of the Pentax Image and playthem on VLC or any other .avi player.

ACDSee is a tool mainly for Win-users. On Macs we have betterprograms such as iPhoto for Photo Gallery, GraphicConverter, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements for photo treatment tools.

cheers Mark
HappyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:27 AM   #3

I'm running MAC OS 10.3x (Panther) and own a Pentax 33WR. I have absolutely no problems importing either still or moving images. Go for it! Great little cameras!
maccamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 7:24 PM   #4

I have a 43wr, and no problems importing images and movies on my powerbook with 10.3.
I just read a thread in dpreview about the 43wr being discontinued, so hurry up and grab one if you can!

Thank you for contacting Pentax Imaging Company.

The Optio 43WR was discontinued, and is no longer available at Pentax Imaging Company.

We're not certain if another WR model is planned for the future. Pentax (Japan) has not announced plans to produce another water-resistant digital point-and-shoot camera, however.
nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote