Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Dec 20, 2004, 12:00 PM   #1

I'm an unhappy customer after getting a bill for over $100 for a problem that should be fixed under warranty. When powering the camera off, the lens mechanism got stuck on my optio S. Service center says it's because of impact damage. I've read at least a dozen cases of their lenses jamming and I've never heard of a warranty repair being completed. Has anyone?
That's the last pentax camera I will buy.
whatwarranty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:06 AM   #2

Bought my daughterr\ Pentawx optios51 in Feb. In june it began turning self off as soon as came on. went to Ritz where purchased, mailed back for warranety repair. after 8 weeks called and told impact damage(never dropped or banged), 184 dollars to repair cause not under warranty for that. After requesting talk with regional manager offered to give me a discount, employee and fix for 134 dollars with 90 day warranty on repair. Have to think about this cause really doubt impact damage think it is just a faulty piece of crap. I've had rebel for 2 years and haul all over the place nad never any trouble. Plan to file complaint with state attorney generals office. Don't know if I should invest any more money in this apparent piece of junk. Question pentax's operation.

Robin65632 is offline   Reply With Quote