Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old May 5, 2005, 10:25 AM   #1

Recived my new Pentax 750Z late Monday and with excitement, started shooting. Loved the swivel LCD, great macro, good zoom, overall uimage quality etc. Once when shutting down, lens cover closed 1/2 way and stuck. Then it closed down by itself later for no reason and shutter cover stayed open. By noon, Tuesday I was seeing a trend. When I shut it down about 2PM, it froze. Lens cover remains open (even after blowing out, various gentle tricks) ans lens will not zoom out. The power comes on for 2-3 sec and then shuts off before u can access anything. I was able to get into menu once and set everything back to default but to no avail. Called supplier and they offered to issue an R/A immediately. Its on its way. I really loved and wanted to keep this great Cam. These initial experiences have left me confused and wondering about the Oly C7000 and Casio Z750 as options. ???
jjolexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 11:15 AM   #2

My sister-in-law and I both have Optio 550 cameras. They are older 5 MP cameras that are similar to yours. My lens cover has gotten stuck like yours before, I was able to manually get it to work again. My sister-in-law had the same problem, but had to have her camera repaired. Although your camera is newer, from what I have read the design is very similar. I might be wrong, but this seems to be a design problem for Pentax.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote