Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:00 AM   #1

The price and features of this camera seem great, but I'm wondering about image quality. Anybody have any feedback? How does it compare to say the Canon A520 or A610? Thanks!
dethsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2005, 2:19 PM   #2

The pictures and movies are of very nice quality, however, I'm actually having problems with it just got it like last month...the lens is stuck like on the inside I press power and it says "Lens Error" and cuts off automatically it's driven me nuts so if anyone has any troubleshooting suggestions please help a girl out. I'd really hate to have to take this back when I just got the thing.
LadyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3

I've had mine for about a week and find it to be quite simple to operate. I shot several pictures with my Canon SD500, Nikon 7900 and Optio 60 to compare image quality. The pictures seem fairly comparable among the three; however, I am very much an amateur. There is definitaley a difference in feel between the three cameras, as the Optio 60 is made of plastic; however, I also prefer the AA batteries over the proprietary Nikon and Canon batteries. Of the three cameras, I prefer the Canon the least. Personally, I feel that the Pentax is a great buy at nearly half the cost of my Nikon and Canon.
TTT103 is offline   Reply With Quote