Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Dec 14, 2005, 7:55 PM   #1

Tragedy today...
I snagged my Optio 43WR strap and it was ripped from my hands.... right into a metal railing. Smashed the glass lens cover, but the rest was unscathed, go figure. I am going to be spending several years in the tropics, so I want a rugged, humidity-resistant camera to have with me. Does anybody have any experience using this camera in a humid environment? Does it hold up? Does the CCD problem occur often? I'm trying to decide it its worth my time to repair it, or repair it and sell it, seeing how much they're going for on Ebay... Probably because there's no camera like it, and in my opinion superior to either the WP or the Olympus Stylus series.

Also, is there anywhere to buy replacement parts for this camera without having to send it to Pentax? Any place to find a broken camera and use the front cover from that? Any other suggestions? Sigh, I've been really careful with this camera, too. I just need less clumsiness and more money....

Thanks for any advice!
dethsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2005, 7:15 AM   #2

My 43WR has withstood a couple of years of white water rafting and taking the kids to the local water park w/out problems, should take humidity well as long as you don't leave the ports open for extended periods. Since there's currently no other water resistant digicam that I'm aware of that alsodoes 640x480x30fps video w/sound Irecently picked up a 2nd as a spare off Ebay new for $265 shipped and right now there's one for $235 plus shipping. Good luck!

Tomac is offline   Reply With Quote