Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:14 PM   #1

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has a sample of the Pentax W10's movie mode that they could post? As I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, I was just wondering for those who have the W10, is this camera capable of either optically or digitally zooming in DURING the recording of a movie? And if so, can you hear the zoom mechanism during movie playback?

Thanks heaps, Atma-Rising
atma-rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2006, 7:48 PM   #2

Yeah, the movie mode is NOT the greatest of all the cameras you could buy, but for the money it is - well, considered my me - the best water-proof camera out there (the Olympud is U-G-L-Y, I wouldn't spent for that kind of junk:blah. The best feature of movie mode would be its 640 and 30 fps and water-proof capabilities, but otherwise the sound quality is something I'd give up for.

The mechanical zoom on the W10 is NOISY to say the least. Just turn it off thru mode and you'll be able to digitally zoom plenty far, almost as far as the optical. The thing is, because of the water-proofing of the microphones, it picks up everything going inside the case, including the sounds of your finger pushing down on the zoom. The cool thing, it has image stabilizer so you'll be able to zoom digitally plenty far and have a steady clip.

In a later topic, I posted a picture of my angelfish and a movie of it underwater, you'll see what I mean by it picking up every sound that you don't really need.

Good Luck, Fish Mode
Fish Mode is offline   Reply With Quote