Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old May 26, 2006, 2:50 AM   #1

HELP. Either I am jinxed when it comes to digital cameras or I am doing someting wrong. First the sceen on my Fuji finepix went funny, by that I meananypicture I took had broken lines across it like the very old TV pictures. Then the screen went completely black and no image was shown either on the camera's playback or when I viewed the pics. on the computer. I took it apart, cleaned it and.. no difference. So, I bought a new camera a Pentax s30 and the same thing has happened although this time there was no 'broken picture' stage, the screen suddenly became black. When first switched on, an image shows and then the screen goes blank as if there is nobattery power but I can still view pictures with the play back (tho' anything I take is of blackness') and I can use all the functions so I am presuming the problem is not with the battery which shows up as being full. I'm at a loss. The camera is out of guarentee so any ideas gratefully appreciated as I can at least have a go before sending it off somewhere. Very frustrating. What am I doing wrong? :?

Many thanks,

P.S I previously posted this on the SLR forum by mistake but was advised to check f the LCD was turned off to save on battery power. I haven't knowingly turned it off and it seems strange that one day my camera works and the next day there's no image.
charadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:38 PM   #2

:sad:Sorry Charadel, I have no answers. My Pentax Optiow10 did the same thing. I got app.150 photos from my new camera before the screen went black and the camera took black photos. The LCD shows all photos taken, whether they were "normal" photos or black photos, so it can't be an LCD problem. The Pentax service centrewas no help. They said there was no problem and sent the camera back to me, 15 photos later.... the same thing. I'm wondering if it could be an SD problem or just a dud camera. If anyone could help us solve this mystery I'd be so grateful.

Sookysmum is offline   Reply With Quote