Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:13 PM   #1

A friend of my daughters Natalie

Last edited by jewel45; Aug 15, 2009 at 8:51 AM.
jewel45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2006, 5:04 AM   #2
Super Moderator

What a fantastic smile!!! Very natural looking shot with good composition. It looks like just around the mouth this is slightly over exposed but apart from the very nice.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 6:26 PM   #3

Hi Julie

OK. This one definitley proves it. That PERSON is shining through. And looks spontaneous.

Now ... what happened with Lyn? There was different stuff going on. I like the idea of candle light ... I'm very keen to learn to use light other than daylight or flash.
How can I say this ... Lyn looks like she was a body double posing so you could get the techsorted .... ready for someone else to come along later for the real deal.

That love I've mentioned was not there [Natalie .. it was there in bucketfuls].

Different perspective now ... there was a kind of depth in Lyns expression ... but not a happy one .. or should I rather say, not one which was creating warm connectedness with the onlooker. However, there was something that shone from the soul-work you depict as in yourpic in the Dementia thread... a heartstring of mine DID get pulled sadly.

The ballet shoes pic ... I liek the idea. I do see what Mark was saying about the harsh flash.
Here's an idea which might say more about me than about what the pic needs ... but I would do a bit of extra tidying up with clone. There is something on the floor to the right of the feet ... I'd lose that. Also one or two tats at the end of the shoes.

Something which works for me a lot .. the difference between B&W and the colour is not overstated. I KNOW that if I'd done that one, I'd have pushed the saturation and it would have looked like rubbish ....
What you did was keep the distinctions subtle so my eye kept gently flickering from one side to the other of the Colour/BW transition.

All the best

Glyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:06 AM   #4

very natural shot

very nice

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote