Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 2, 2003, 4:14 PM   #1
Default Ronaldo

Dear Fellow users,

At first let me tell you that however it is only my 2nd posting, I have already learnt a lot by reading your comments to others. So I would encourage you to keep this habit and who knows some day I will comment to someone.

So let's face the challenge...
I shot this pic on the 7th birthday of this mini Ronaldo (my cousin), and I have a few problems with it. I think I captured the moment I wanted but I feel it out of focus, and don't know why? Because of the poor camera (kodak dc280, absolutely compact, no manual possiblities) or it was because of me? :?
I would be also interested how would you make this pic with your own cameras (I mean which settings)

I think it also should be cropped in a different way, but if I crop it and bring him closer, It couldn't be printed as it is only a 2 megapixel photo. How many megapixel would I need to do this without a problem? May I overcome the problem If I had had a canon eos 10D with its 6 megapixel? :?:

Ooops, I wrote a whole letter :shock:

Thanks for your comments and answers

caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2003, 7:54 PM   #2

1) You should get closer so that he fills the frame more completely. the closer means less crop and generally better detail.
2) A shot from a little bit more from the side would probably give you a better profile for the action given your equipment.
3) The blur is probably caused by the camera guessing the focus incorrectly because of a low light condition so the camera uses a slow shutter speed which then causes the out-of-focus.
4) However, in action shots you do want a blur sometimes to emphasize motion. I get the impression the blur in the picture is not the one you want and I agree.
5) Try not to have part of the picture in bright sunlight and part in a shadow. This tends to make cameras especially digital ones like yours and mine confused.
6) Don't get discouraged it took many, many many, action shots before I could get a decent one. Most people will confess you end up throwing aways lots of not so good ones before you have one that says, Wow!.
7) A Canon EOS might make the job easier but it wont necessarily automatically results in better shots. Remember, equipment is only one part of the equation for a good picture. Poor composition can ruin a technically perfect shot.

This isn't a complete listing and others will probably give more and possible even better hints. Keep clicking away,

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote