Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 21, 2003, 8:35 PM   #1
Default Bungee... staring fear in the face!!!

Hi all,

At our county fair in Ventura, California, I decided to lay back on the lawn and relax while others more adventurous than I stared fear in the face, 122 feet above me! My camera and I watched as these brave souls, each with their own style, some timidly, some with obvious shock, and some with complete joy and gusto! all plunged off into thin air, trusting that the rubberband attached to their ankles would recoil them from an unwanted fate! Having faced that fear, all seemed somehow more "alive", if even for a short while, as they rejoined us more earthbound souls on good old "terra firma"..... Curt

*Sorry for the multiple photo post, but I thought ALL of these folks were amazing, none less so than the other.

Oly 2100uz

Digeeedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2003, 8:55 PM   #2

The last picture:

His expression reminds me of me when I am riding a roller coaster--pure joy and loving the excitement. A natural high. He's the only one in this series that seems to be 100% happy to be exactly where he is at that moment in time. Great pictures.
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 1:36 AM   #3

Great photoes! Excellent position. Wonderful timing. Interesting models.

That was a fun posting. Thankyou.
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 5:14 AM   #4

I kept looking at the faces of the guys watching these folks jump. Did you see the smiles on their faces? I wonder what they were smiling about.

Good action shots.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 6:35 AM   #5

great pictures! i like the last one best.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:42 PM   #6

Good shots, I like the second one the best. Has the look of what did I get myself into.
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 5:48 PM   #7

Yes, great series!

Exquisite facial detail in the photos given you were 122 feet or more away!
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 7:23 PM   #8

There great

I think i like the second one the best
The expression on her fase just really tells she wishes that she didn't said yes to this

Olso the flag is great in that picture

But there all really nice!
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2003, 10:33 AM   #9

Hi everybody,
Thanks so much for all the terrific comments and for taking the time to stop by and post them!!! Was really fun watching these daredevil "nuts" do their thing. I'm glad to see that all of you enjoyed seeing them as well. Melanie: I really liked the flag position in that one too, thanks for noticing. Digicamfan: have been VERY happy with the 2100uz and its' terrific 10x stabilized soom. Sure wish they would have updated it instead of discontinuing it. It got more popular after its' demise!!! Thanks for the compliment.
K1par: yeah, this young lady definately looked like she would have rather been on the ground at that moment. She was ecstatic afterwards though with her family! Kex: thanks for the comments. That young man was definately "stoked"! Selvin: the staff in the basket with the jumpers seemed to be having as much or more fun as anyone there. Looks a bit "sadistic" LOL at first, but I think at least part of their smiles was due to actually seeing them jump after sometimes long and encouraging coaxing and coaching from them. Thanks again. Soundengineer: thanks for the terrific and encouraging comments. Loved the position too! Only wish I had thought to take a photo or two wide angle from another position showing the whole jump tower to let people see just how high these guys and gals were. Joshua: Yeah that's for sure! That guy was completely "stoked" by the whole experience during and after. Fun to see someone charging so headlong at life... Thanks. Curt
Digeeedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2003, 11:16 AM   #10

Cool shots, well done. I love the second and last one.

Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote