Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:22 AM   #11

Great shot. Really like the way your subject jumps out from the background. Very 'Dave Hill' like. I know you're a fan of his and so am I.

Well done..........Graham

lazylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:23 PM   #12

Apologies for the delay in responding...thanks for all the kind comments guys, much appreciated.

Goomer: Thanks for the link, that was a really interesting read!

I didn't mention this earlier but whilst I was out that day in Birmingham shooting, I was approached by two police officers (not those in the shot) who asked what I was doing. I explained that I was into photography and was just shooting whatever took my fancy.

One of the police officers asked if he could see what was on my camera, I asked him why and he basically responded that due to issues of peodophillia you couldn't be too sure nowadays.

My response was that if he let me take his photo he could have a look. He declined.

I would have understood his concerns if I had been hanging around a childrens play ground or something, but in the middle of the city??
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 9:17 AM   #13

i had this the samething in canada was near the US border photographing trains . had 2 guys talk to me asking lots of ??? they were plain clothes cops . told them what i was doing gave them my card . the next time i seen them the samething . went back again they kicked me out told me no more trains , said ok and left . oakey
oakey is offline   Reply With Quote