Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:39 PM   #1
Super Moderator

After the success of the last shoot I did at the end of 2007 to help raise money for our church I did another today. I shot 12 families in the space of 10 hours and apart from me being worn out and aching it was a great day. This is only the 3rd time I've worked with my lights and still need to be more adventurous I'm sure.

Here are a selection of the shots, as you can tell I like to utilise the floor for different style shots to the norm.

Any C&C welcome.

All shot with Canon 5D and 24-105mm f4 L.

8 This is one of our Ministers and his wife.... as you can see even they were not able to escape rolling around on the floor!!

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:13 AM   #2

..............hi Mark,

I offer no C&C except to say, "I really do like these photos."

Some more (slight) sharpening could put a bit more punch into the files but overall I am pleased while viewing them and I'm sure the subjects are pleased too.

It appears to me that it was a fun time.

Thanks for the show.

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 5:31 PM   #3

Hi Mark

Great photos... and yes it looks like you had a great time. I hope a lot of money was raised for good gospel causes done by your church! Pity my wife and I couldn't be there to take part .... Do you do Aussie gigs?

I particularly like the effects used in photos 1,5 and 8 - the balance and yet different people (not perfect symmetry!) on both sides.

Also 2, 4, 7 and 10 are photos I feel capture family / people portrait very well. The white background you've done works really well.

9 is a great photo... I remember this girl jumping for us last year! Cool action and love her hair "bounce".

That leaves photos 3 and 6. For some reason I feel the cropping of both these photos (particularly 3) is a bit awkward. Should maybe have more of the younger childrens' legs in 3... and a bit more of both boys' legs in photo 6.

Thanks for sharing these photos with us.

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote