Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 30, 2009, 4:32 PM   #1
Default Street Scenes VII - Feedback Welcome

Well, I've only been practicing this art form for about three weeks, and the "Decisive Moment" as Cartier Bresson liked to describe it, is no easy thing to accomplish. I like to think I'm getting better at this (as opposed to worse) so feedback is welcome.

These first two shots were done Early in the morning.

"Before Opening the Store - Morning Tea"

"The Tree Trimmer on a Crowded Street"

This last shot, was taken of two men sharing a good joke as they walked along, crossing the Street. Processing it on my Computer, I see a homeless guy sleeping in a flower bin. I doubt if these two men even saw this guy, let alone laughing at his situation. But it can be interpreted as such. Out of curiosity I'm going to ask a lawyer about this shot, but what ever he says, I doubt if I will ever post an unmodified version.

To my own mind I was surprised how this warm and friendly shot got transformed into something a bit sinister, simply by noticing the guy on the flower pot. Not a comfortable place to sleep.

Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Super Moderator

"multitasking" and "rider" are the strongest composition-wise i have seen yet. and both are sharp and show good color and contrast, which has been lacking in some of the previous sets you have posted.

multitasking parallels our modern obsession with hyperconnectivity as he is both checking his smartphone and carrying some magazines. so there is a story there, which makes it interesting and not just a shot of someone on the street.

rider i like the action and the colors. my only wish was that you would have been able to get the whole taxi, where its cut off at the front is a little awkward.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote