Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Closed Thread
Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:25 AM   #11

Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
I agree with Jim..I loved the photos of a real cute kid..I didn't quite understand the comments, but that's probably more due to being new here.

Where I am from, it would'nt be an issue to photo kids..and its fair to say that most people that wanted to photo someone's kid would ask or at least say 'hey look at a shot I took..I can delete it or give you a copy..I thought it was cool' And I don't think he'd get punched out.

I think its different then photoing an adult tho..more issues involved.

But I DO appreciate that there is a dark side to this world...and that's where judgment comes in...and it would be sad if recording beauty, innocence of this generation is lost entirely
In the early fifties, little kids ran around naked in the Summer, in the immigrant vacation community I lived in. Parents took as many pictures of their children and their neighbors children as possible. Childhood is a fleeting moment for those my age. It should be celebrated. Today, it's risky to take pictures of kids WITH permission. Looking at thousands of photos my father took, in todays age, he would be arrested as a pedophile.

All of these people knew damn well that there were sick people out there, and kept thier eyes on their kids; however they feared abuse, not pictures. A picture can in no way harm a child - a physical attack is what harms children. This disease of fear of the image itself, has itself become a disease.

At any rate, the criticism I recieved for making those stupid jokes is justified - My bad - But I'm tired of the fear of photography, and I'm tired of the voodoo and magic expressed by civilised people living in the Twenty First Century, and those who dress up this superstitions with "reason."

Closed Thread