Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:35 PM   #1

Default Christian Lacroix

Wanted to share this image from my archives. From the Christian Lacroix collections.

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/2...fashion-house/
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2009, 1:56 AM   #2

Very nice...more like a painting than a photograph. Blue very rich...very nice mood. Only thing I don't like is the cross...I think the picture would be better without, however what do I know about fashion.

The hat...the green colour, soft focus...with the white toned skin, barely perceptible red in the hair hair and the green cloth that drapes in background...lovely photo...I don't usually care for soft focus, but this works very well.

Last edited by lesmore49; Dec 16, 2009 at 1:59 AM.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:52 AM   #3

I cant say I feel the same as lensmore. This is what I call an artsy fartsy photo that is all wrong but because it is artsy fartsy is supposed to be seen as something more than what it is. I dont like the green blue combination -- at least this particular shade of green -- it has too much yellow in it. If the idea was to focus on the dress then that large mediaeval torture device hanging around the models neck obscures too much of the focused area what little of it there is. Also stating this photo is from "The Christian Lacroix collections" means what? To me it implies that we are to take special note of this photo as being more artsy than fartsy. Sorry, not to me.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
I cant say I feel the same as lensmore. This is what I call an artsy fartsy photo that is all wrong but because it is artsy fartsy is supposed to be seen as something more than what it is. I dont like the green blue combination -- at least this particular shade of green -- it has too much yellow in it. If the idea was to focus on the dress then that large mediaeval torture device hanging around the models neck obscures too much of the focused area what little of it there is. Also stating this photo is from "The Christian Lacroix collections" means what? To me it implies that we are to take special note of this photo as being more artsy than fartsy. Sorry, not to me.
Artsy-Fartsy is in the eye of the beholder.

Lensmore
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Artsy-Fartsy is in the eye of the beholder.

Lensmore
Very true, and the eye of some beholders work better than others. Im only speaking for this beholders eye.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:34 PM   #6

Aesthetics is a personal matter, and I'm not really on to fashion photo, but I find a couple of eye distractions in this pick:

Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:46 PM   #7

Quote:
To me it implies that we are to take special note of this photo as being more artsy than fartsy. Sorry, not to me.
Bynx...are you implying you're more 'fartsy' then 'artsy' ?

Lensmore
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:58 PM   #8

Im not implying anything. Im sayng I'm not impressed with crap that is put out as art. I wouldnt have said anything about this pic but when I saw someone (you) say they liked it I was curious why? What pixel or two did you like and why? What is it about the colors you like? What is is about the focusing or lack thereof that you like? And as you said that big plastic cross sitting right in the middle of the dress which is the only section in focus. Whats with that? Im just disappointed that there isnt more to like.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Im not implying anything. Im sayng I'm not impressed with crap that is put out as art. I wouldnt have said anything about this pic but when I saw someone (you) say they liked it I was curious why?It has a mystery about it...the woman has a mystique..about her...that sense of mystery could be because of the angle and how much of her head is covered. I like the watery texture of the face...the soft pastel hat What pixel or two did you like and why? What is it about the colors you like?I like the contrasts of the colours in the photo..the richness of the blue...vs the green hat, the green dress, the green cloth that is draped...the severe contrast of the woman's porcelin white skin...to her very red lipstick.. What is is about the focusing or lack thereof that you like? I'm not usually a fan of soft focus...but I like this one...the almost watery focus..don't know quite how that was done...to me technically impressive photoAnd as you said that big plastic cross sitting right in the middle of the dress which is the only section in focus. I don't like the cross...find it at odds with the rest of the picture...almost discordantWhats with that? Im just disappointed that there isnt more to like.
Well art is a very subjective appreciation...what turns one person's crank..doesn't cut it for the other person...I suppose.
So there you go Bynx...pretty good art analysis for a non arty type of guy like me, or at least how the picture strikes me ...me... a gearhead of all things, eh ?

Lensmore