Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:10 AM   #1
Default Color Corrected Christmas

Feliz Navidad everyone!

Just thought I'd share a few photos and also a great new thing I learned.

I picked up a copy of the Photoshop for Photographers book and it came with some great color correction information. It also came with a three step calibration page... I shot some photos of us and our tree in near dark conditions and I got the normal off color photos as shown below:

So I also took some shots with the calibration card in it at the varying shooting distances that I photographed at:

Then I took the two calibration photos into Photoshop and using the CTRL+M function I simply set the white, grey and black levels by using the color sampler and clicking on the three respective colors on the sample photos and I got instant color correction. (well it was better that it was before...)

I did some other masking variations as well as some filtering on some of the other shots in that album.

The moral? I'm gonna carry that calibration card with me everywhere I go and try to shoot atleast one shot with it in the same lighting I am shooting in to set an reference. While I may not always do any color correction to the image it does give me a choice and a reference to work from. 8) :lol:
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links