Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:37 AM   #1
Default Inspired by The Stobist's hoco360.com..

I hope that this is OK to post here. Maybe it will prompt others to give back with their photography skills. This is purely a volunteer, from-the-heart site that does not benefit me commercially.

Early this year I started thinking about how I could possibly use my photography to serve others or "give back". In March I attended The Flash Bus Tour stop in Houston with Joe McNally and David Hobby. At the end of Hobby's session he spoke about the volunteer project he does called hoco360.com and it really started the gears moving in my head. I decided that I wanted to do a similar project that reflected my own interests and beliefs and 5 months later I very humbly present to you:

It's a blog that highlights people who are serving the poor and needy around the world. This IS a FAITH-BASED blog but it's not preachy and it's really focused on the service to those in need.

Aside from the blog giving some advertising to my first subject's efforts I also helped her out by photographing a bunch of before and after photos of her furniture for her blog. I'll continue to do that for her on an ongoing basis.

I'd be honored for you to take a look and I hope that you enjoy. Thanks.

DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:22 AM   #2

Over 700 views of my new photoblog in 4 days but only 11 came from this forum. I wonder if that many people are simply turned off by the "faith-based" thing? That's fine if that's the case. I understand but I'd love to simply hear what you think of the photos if you're willing to take a look.

DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote