Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:17 PM   #1
Default Stage lighting, scholarship competition

Had the opportunity to cover a scholarship competition. The competition included interview, fitness and talent.

This was a real test for me, as the stage lighting background curtains light color changed every few minutes; and the spotlights on the participants changed color for every entrant. At one point, a girl in bright yellow had a gold curtain behind her, and she was in a bright spotlight - a nightmare! But I enjoyed the experience to practice. I had only had a couple other chances before in my photo life, to practice, no flash permitted, using stage lighting.

A girl whose talent was ballet came on. I wanted to try to use a slow enough shutter speed to show motion, yet try to get the face in focus. So my challenge was to catch her at the height of a jump where her head would be most stationary. The colors still look slightly off to me, but about as good as I could get it in Photoshop. I'm no expert in Photoshop. Just wanted to share, as usually I lurk.

Nikon D90, 80th of a second at 1000ASA, 85 1.8 Nikkor lens at f4, image cropped.
Attached Images
Nikon D600, D90, D70, N90s, FM2, Canon S3 1S, Panasonic FZ35; Nikon 18-105 VR, 28-70 2.8 Sigma, 35-70 Nikkor, 70-200 2.8 Sigma, 70-300 4-5.6 Sigma, 85 1.8D Nikkor, 55-300 4-5.6 Nikkor, Sigma 17-50 2.8.

Last edited by Franko170; Mar 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM.
Franko170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links