Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:44 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Hey Simple, I like the look of these. A couple of thoughts (if you don't mind, I know this is on the critique section), I always tell people I'm working with to ensure they are comfortable, otherwise it will show, now obviously there are some people who are just never comfortable so that doesn't help!

The first is good, I think if she had moved herself a little, it would have put less pressure on her legs/feed and then given the feel she was more relaxed.

I like 2, if you wanted something slightly differnt rather than hands on knees, try resting on the arm, it will give a relaxed look. As I say, I still like this.

I like the lighting in 3, unfortunately the position of her rear arm makes it look like a maternity shoot so not flattering.

4, that's just mental timing, how did you ever manage to get it. Impressed!!!

As I'm sure you know, I'm not trying to be negative, I just love it when people are trying to do different things so hopefully they will help you to keep growing in skill and gain more ideas for shoots.
great critique and advice... her arm in the first - third shot had been broken and she had a problem bending it .... this is true just had the pot off and was having physio I also thought it looked awkward and almost binned it but I kept it along with some others

you can see how her hand - arm is also tucked in on this shot too all these were taken for fun and to get the cobwebs off the camera hahaha its great to hear from you Mark as I love your ocf work

Nikon D600 / Nikon 50 1.8 G / Nikon 85 1.8 G Always wanting more! MY FLICKR

Last edited by simple; Dec 19, 2015 at 10:46 AM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote