Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:36 PM   #1
Default A few B&W's

A while back I took some pics of my girlfriend so she could have pictures for her acting portfolio. The "studio" consisted of her car port (natural lighting), some fabric draped over a pipe, and a white poster board to reflect some more light on her face.

Here a used two layers of motion blur in different directions for an attempt at a soft focus effect. I liked the end result better than the original so I kept it.

Some liberal use of the airbrush to make the skin look porcelain. I really wish the camera would have focused on her right eye. I didn't notice this when I took the shot.

I attempted to get something candid. We were just joking around here.

A self-portrait. I made the background black in PS and touched up my skin a little. I'm not sure what to call this effect, but it's what I was going for.

Any suggestions for how I could improve these portraits would be greatly appreciated. It's almost time to take her senior pics - she graduates this May. I'd like to try out some new/different stuff then. Any ideas?
flatland2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2004, 3:15 AM   #2

First one I think the face is too white. It's lost a bit of detail there I'm sure.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 4:23 AM   #3

A nice set of photos -

Yes the first one is on the white side. Also I would have excluded the eyes from the motion filter to leave them sharp.
costas is offline   Reply With Quote