Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 21, 2005, 4:09 PM   #11

Don't worry.
Everyone has their opinion some people love to work in B&W some love color some hate pictures all the way (but they aren't here :evil.

I think some of my newer work will get another audience, it's not the standard playboy, portrait or lifestyle pictures you find easy to swallow.
It's more posed, kitsch, extreme and different.

Please look at work of someone like David LaChapelle and your horizon will broaden (well I hope).

Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:14 PM   #12

Frank I had a look through David LaChapelles site. Some of his stuff is way out almost art, I loved his portraits, the one of theBaldwin Brothers,
Liv Tylerand along with , Kylie Minogue and Dolly Partonthey are all great. I love all his magazine covers.

He certainly has a huge amount to look at, all very good, some a little odd but interesting.:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:44 PM   #13

My favorite is number two. I love the lighting of the hair and the tones of the chair and her skin. Very nice.
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:26 PM   #14

Without debating whether the lighting or other factors contributed to the skin tone, I must say I am really impressed with these shots.(especially regarding that healthy glow and color to her skin) Of course, as usual, the lighting always interests me too. Pleasure to look at. Best regards,

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 4:38 AM   #15

I like the second one. Reminds me of those old black and white photos of 60's beautiful movie stars... in color.
...ben is offline   Reply With Quote