Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:40 PM   #1

Any comments welcome. These were taken at the local high school's production of Pippin.

I know the choreographer for the production. She is the choreographer/director of the dance company my daughter dances with. She asked me to come photograph the production as a favor. I do know a number of the cast members and members of the orchestra. This was a production at our local high school.

The girl in many of the shots (Wearing black w/ vest) dances with my daughter, so I've know her for several years, and this was her first leading role.

I'm looking for any comments on exposure, color, composition...any thing that may help in future shots.

Thanks for looking, and commenting.

Almost forgot...I PS'ed a bit on #2

brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:20 PM   #2

For what I know I see excellent exposure, composition and great color from a Dslr. Im feeling the warmth of the lighting is what is suppose to be felt in most of the shots. But i am curious about pic#4. I cant tell if its a flash shot with auto WB. It looks just a bit cleaner then the other photos.

One thing I have learned about posting digital photos, when you downsize them for posting, the truism of the picture cannot be appreciated.

By the way I thought I would post another photo that was somewhat processed for better detail.
Attached Images
bugshutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:17 PM   #3

I'm not sure about #4. I'm thinking that they must have had a white spot on her in that shot as opposed to the varying colored spots used in several of the scenes. I was using auto WB, and ran it thru Nikon Capture ...Photo Effect...EnhanceTones ...autosetting. The lighter background may just lighten up better. Oh...no flash allowed...in any of the shots. (Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 at ISO 1600)

Run thru Neat Image on auto.

As for your shot...Better I think. I can see more of the details in the dress. Looks as though it may be a see thru type material. Am I right? If so the details are definitely better.

brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote