Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 21, 2005, 4:56 AM   #1

tell me what you think. thought it looked better in black and white.
Attached Images
jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2005, 6:42 PM   #2

good shot. You should dress her up like a hot cowgirl next time. Have her leaning up against a fence or something.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:02 AM   #3

Something about the pose does not look comfortable or natural. The position of her left hand would work out better on her hip and not the leg. Sometimes a lack of expression works but not here. The apparel does not work well with the setting. I'm not sure what lighting you used but it appears like a flash came from the left of your point and it looks like a direct flash because it has caused a sharp shadow behind the subject.

If you are using a direct flash, experiment with some types of diffusion.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:16 AM   #4

The shot itself is interesting. However, there are a couple things, as noted before the flash is distracting it doesn't look natural. If you have to use a fill flash try turning down the exposure compensation. Also I am not sure but some parts look a little soft, I would either bump up the ISO setting a notch or only shoot on tripod in this situation.

Nonetheless, those are just my suggestions on how to imporve an already good shot.
pic_*ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:08 PM   #5

yeah, i see what all of you mean. rather than looking naturally set, she looks uncomfortably "placed". her father thought this would make a great shot, so i went with it, thinking it would, and now realize how awkward she looks. thanks so much. i have tons of others from this shoot that i'll try to fix up. thanks a lot

jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:56 AM   #6

I agree with widow, the first thing I noticed is the shadow behind the leg and was wondering also about the flash coming in from the left. Also she doesn't look to relaxed in the pose. Yes maybe a different outfit would help , being she is wearing high heels and the scenery she is in just doesnt work. But I think you have a great model there and would love to see more .
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote