Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:16 PM   #1

One of the tasks the students had to do today was to work with one setup and wind and take different approaches to the one setup.

These are the example pictures I took before and after the students.
Please take not I took them within one minute (so little under 5 seconds per shot )

Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:27 AM   #2

Hi Frank,
It was a while since your last post but you have returned with
as always excellent photos:|

#1 is fantastic one....what a fantastic color saturation....love this one......

Also the #2 and #3 are excellent (hmhmhmhmh very blurry face on #3 :???????)

Great work.....wondered what would happend if you could use a five second more for each shot
Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:20 PM   #3

If I used 5 seconds more there would be another moment with a windmachine
And my students would become restless
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:03 PM   #4

You've done it again Frank. No 3 does it for me.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:16 AM   #5

I don't take people pics but I love yours and enjoy looking at them a lot. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:50 AM   #6

Hooligan ?

Let us please see your photos and see what a true pro you actually are PLEASE...Frank often posts some very tastefull and interesting shots with these pretty ladies with exceptional lighting etc...etc...etc....you are putting down a very well liked person in this forum who has helped many with his suggestions and expertise so once again lets see your photos please so we can see how a true pro shoots:blah:
A member for 2 years and 21 posts ? wheres all the photos you have taken ?
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:57 AM   #7

ouch. It must hurt to be you some of the time. (just kidding) I realize we must try to keep our comments directed toward the original post. I thought...if I read your membership date correctly...since you are new, maybe you could benefit by perusing the back pages and see why we usually view Frank's work with an eye for something more than just the obvious. There are more dividends to be had other than eye candy. I could not post work as good as Frank's, but I always make a point of carefully reading his comments, and looking for the results he intends to display with his shots. It's an enjoyable learning experience for me. If he was merely (sorry Frank, I know you can speak for yourself) wishing to post feminine allure, trust me...it would be there...in spades. Best regards,

Quick edit...misread your membership date, but even so, I'm assuming you hit the send button after rehashing what must have been a really bad day for you...
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:05 AM   #8

I suspect Marie is relieved you don't find her sexy.

It isincredibly poor taste to insult a model as you do. Sexy, in fact is completely subjective. Anyone can find anyone sexy/alluring/attractive. To criticise peoples' tastes in this wayis likecriticising their taste in food or music. No one can be wrong in liking what they like.

Further, objective thinking largely implies that there are relatively absolute rules and parameters which much be adhered to. The further one strays, the more wrong you are. There are no rules in art. While principles have developed which make it easier to understand how to produce something which can be accepted, true artists push and extend the limits of the principles/guidelines. Some work, some don't. If people like them, they work.

Having said that, I like 1 a lot, 2 not so much - too much hair and too little detail in the face. 3 really like the expression/face, but her hair got a bit flat and the bright spot distracts. But they were all taken so quickly - it's an experiment to see what happens and should be viewed as such.

BTW hooligan, there are subjective ruleswhen it comes tospelling.

klfatcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:51 AM   #9

Frank's works here is good, as usual. Mediocre? Hardly. Where are your photos? How long have you been working as a pro?

Lastly, if you don't find this model to be sexy, then what exactly do you look for in order for someone to appear sexy? This model is quite sexy in my opinion. You don't have to show someone's body parts off in order for them to appear sexy. As someone else said above, it must oops to be you. Honestly, to me, it appears you are jealous of Frank's work with this model.

Frank, I looooooove the colors in #1. I also really like her pose in #3. Is she naturally a redhead as it appears in this photo, or does her hair appear more dark normally, as in the other two shots?

Great work as usual.

Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:50 PM   #10

Shots were taken at one of the workshops I teach and are taken in about 30 seconds (for all).
I just shared them because I PERSONALLY loved the colors and the feel of the shots.

But they aredifferent than my usual work.

Although I LOVE number one myself.

The balance in light is very very very personal, I love to find the edges of what people love or dislike.

By the way, fanbase ???
I'm flattered