Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:10 AM   #1

Various lenses and lighting setups. See her entire gallery here: http://imageevent.com/24peter/sarar
We had a lot of fun. She was great to shoot.

24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2006, 1:48 AM   #2

Lovely girl. Good shots too. I would only suggest experimenting with a variety of facial expressions. We know the brilliant smile and cheery expression works for her, but can you mix it up a bit? (Thoughtful, sad, angry...) My apology in advance for leaning toward critique. I realize this is "people" not the critique forum. Very refreshing set of shots, I enjoyed browsing thru them. Best regards,

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:35 AM   #3

In the first place, you have a very pretty, latina feel model.I think she does a great job when acts naturally, so that she can let the beauty in her nature appear.(Am I, too, confusing the beauty of a photo with the beauty of the subject matter!!)I especially liked the 1st and 5th shots.Colors associating 'terra cotta' seems to suit her tan the best.Of course it is yourself who would devise the themes to get the best of her.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 3:05 AM   #4

Very nice natural looking beauty.
One point of direct advise buy some powder for the face, this will get you a nice structure without the shining.

On picture 2 back up a little bit on the background lights, or move the model a bit further away from the background, there is a little bit too much light coming from the background back to the lens.

LOVE the last one.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 3:36 AM   #5
Super Moderator

24Peter, these are a great series. I like some of the others on your site. I really need to get myself someone who will sit for me and see what I can get.

Looking forward to seeing the next set.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:44 AM   #6

HI, Peter,

you don't post so often but your photos are always intested.

Nice model you had there and good shoots.

Although some small improvements should be done like:

on the #1 photo the background should be just a little more whiter, or it is my monitor,

#5 photo is little soft in the face, and the colors are a little transform I think....

In any case I like #6, #1 and her look on #2

Thanks for sharing...

Love to see more

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:52 AM   #7

Thanks for the positive feedback guys

Kenneth - as far as different facial expressions, smiles just seemed to work best for Sara. I've shot other people where not smiling looked best so it just depends on the subject.

Thanks Bahadir for your take.

Frank - of course I admire your work and I appreciate your comments. I didn't really notice how shiny her skin was until after I saw her photos but good advice for next time. The other thing is, I'm shooting in my small little apartment so I don't have the space I would like to move my subjects away from the backdrop. I need to find other ways to keep the light from falling on it.

Thanks Mark. I found Sara here: http://modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=93477I've also found models using craigslist. Looks like you're in the UK so don't know if that helps. But the point is, they're out there.:G

24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:13 AM   #8

lovely model, some beautiful shots. My favorite is the last one
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote