Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 17, 2006, 1:38 PM   #1

any thoughts welcome....
Attached Images
vindolanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2006, 2:43 PM   #2

Well, I applaud you for your creativity! Very nice shot. Good focus, and the subjects are radiant, with good color saturation. I find the areas of light almost overpowering, but can't decide if I'd suggest any change to it. It certainly adds contrast (the light areas) to the entire shot. Lots appeal. And certainly a keeper. Sorry, I know this sounds more like a critique, have you any urge to post it there?

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 3:09 PM   #3

Well, the composition isjust great, I like it a lot.... focus it is also as good.....everything is without any critique but would just ask about color or better say that to me the skin look little yellow..... is this on purpose or the white balans went out...

Great work...

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 4:00 PM   #4

thanks for the feed back.

Critique forum? Apart from one of two participants, you don't get any real critique over there anymore. Its good or its ok being the usual. Not a lot of help really.
vindolanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 6:27 PM   #5

I like most of the composition alot. I do have some hesitation with the vertical leg on the left side. It seems a little unbalanced with the rest of the image although not really overly offensive. A love the expressions and facial details you have captured. The colours work quite nicely. It all seems very natural. If I could wish for one thing... it would be that the redhead's forward hand be in focus.

Nicely captured and presented.

RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 6:37 PM   #6

I, too, admire the composition and radiance of the subjects (displaying an appealing example for depth of field!) as Zakd and Kennethd pointed out above. The black garment on the 'friends' unite their contours into one body with two faces reflecting differing self concerns within this intimacy circle, which altogether, I find to be quite feminin..and for the light areas...eeer...must be a menifestation of high key technique. Well, whatever you call, it simply works well here!
Sorry but I should have been there for further suggestions, for I am more of kinesthetic type:G
Ok, joke aside, you richly deserve a Bravo by heart, vindola :!:
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:53 AM   #7

Composition in this shot is excellent. Very very strong sense of direction. Great focal point and dof covered both models faces with sharpness and clarity.

Lighting is more towards a hi key but i think in this instance it suits the style of the shot.

Im usually nota fan of grain to this degree but i also think in this instance it works. I think bcse of this grain it softens the harshness from the hot highlights.

Expression in both are great. very natural and shot looks very candid. Scene is simple and compliments both models. I think its an appropriate colour balance for this shot again the higher degree of contrast works in this situation.

very nicely executed shot

great work

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 3:15 AM   #8

I think this photo is GREAT. The one this I would change though is, I would flip the photo. Aestheticly speaking, this would in draw your eyes quicker to the focal point of the image (the girls' faces). In theory, most of us view a photograph from left to right and from top to bottom, just like you read a book, and least most books. When I first looked at this photo, my eyes went down the legs, accross the face of the redhead and right out of the photo. I didn't even take a look at the other girl. It was because of the positioning of the legs in relation to the camera and the redhead is looking out the right side of the photo. And since your eyes naturally track to the right, the subject wont stop you. The subject should stop your eyes in it's tracks. So if you flip the image the girl will be looking out the left side of the photo, and the legs will be better positioned. I went ahead and fliped the image so you can see what I am taking about.

Hope this helps,
John Cudd
Attached Images
Old Aug 2, 2006, 4:33 PM   #9

I think on the second shot, that if you had cropped from the right side upto where the girl's wrist begins, it would be an enhancement to the image. As the girls leg sticking up in the air is a distraction.

Other than that, the shot is beautiful, and the girls are too
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 4:38 PM   #10

Love the DOF and composition, I think it's a great shot.
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote