Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:18 PM   #1

My first beach/swimsuit shoot. Many challenges, many joys that day... Vanessa was a trooper - especially when it came time to get wet. See all her pics here: http://imageevent.com/24peter/vanessa

24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:41 AM   #2

nice range of shot

shot 3 is my fav, such a shame about the hair across the face
i think this comp is great.

reflector? fill flash?

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:26 AM   #3

Great shots.However, I wish you would've done something about the shadows within her body. I find them a bit distracting.
Kaspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:34 AM   #4

Thanks guys for your replies.

The lighting was the main challenge that day. B/c of our scheduling the only time we could shoot was midday (11-2PM). Here in LA in June that's like shooting at the Equator (in other words the sun was very strong and directly overhead.) I considered all kinds of fill options but I was working alone so it was tough. I brought a big piece of foamcore to use as a bounce but that just became something else to chase after as the wind blew it down the beach (it was very windy that day.)

So... I ended up using my two headed flash monster or my 220EX on camera as fill. Also, the one advantage of the beach is the sand can be a nice natural reflector, though in our case the sand wasn't all that white. But hey, for my first time shooting at the beach and working alone, I'm happy.
24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 1:21 AM   #5

seams to me that my and your choice of photos that you decide to show here from the complete session is always different. I saw all photos at your web page. There are lot of photos but always find several photos that you made as a pro....really, but you usually do not post them here ?

From these here posted the best is #3 and I find no distruction from the hair beeing over her left eye.

Keep shooting, now it's summer time and more of these swimsuits photos should be taken......waiting for some more....

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote