Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 10, 2007, 6:54 AM   #1
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

no (smaller) objects - good or bad
Attached Images
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:36 PM   #2

this is a good shot, but it does need an object, we need something to focus our attention on. What is part of what makes a great photo, having a subject someone see's and appreciates, before they look into the background. You have a great starter shot for a background, but all you need to do is add a subject.
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:41 PM   #3

i think if you are relying on colour to make your shoti think you need to make the colours very dynamic and punchy and this is the main point of intrest.a subject would make the shot much more intereting. alternatively you could take an abstract approach to this shot and do some distroting to it using ps

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 6:24 PM   #4

An object definitely is needed for this shot. Without it, I'm trying to figure out what I should be focusing on, whether it be the trees or something in the grass.

If your intention is to show the contrast in the two colors, you need to take a different approach to the composition. I'm not very good at this myself, but one thing I would do is avoid placing that horizontal contrast in the center. My reasoning is similar to avoiding horizons in the center of the image; off-center lines appear more dynamic somehow, and give the eyes something to focus on.
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:49 AM   #5

Doesn't work for me. If you're really just playing with colors, I'd try a more abstract type of picture rather than a landscape with no points of interest.
thebac is offline   Reply With Quote