Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 26, 2007, 5:58 PM   #1

I have several variations of this subject from yesterday. A friend had suggested that it was missing something, then added that possibly it needed to be shot lower to the ground to ad a blurred BG. I returned today and did another shoot, but would like to getcritiques on this one first.

05_Silver_Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2

If you got paid to record the sawhorse frozen in ice, then your work is done (unless you'd like to pop it with a little fill flash to show better the wood grain.)

If you'd like to add some drama to the photo then consider shooting it from all angles and maybe try to get longer shadows, more of the wood grain, use a prop (a single frozen glove comes to mind,) or a colorful bucket or a rusty one with holes in it.

That's easy for me to say, with no warm clothes in the closet, and I'd bet you've already done all that!
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:46 PM   #3

I agree.The subject itself is not very interesting and aside from a snapshot just to say "Hey, check out this sawhorse frozen in the pond" there isn't much you can do. Probably the best bet for this photo would be towait for more dramatic lighting (sunrise or sunset) and use a wide angle lens to create a unique perspective. Try getting close and lie on the ground shooting up at the object to distort the scale.
gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote