Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:36 PM   #1

I came back from a Volkswagen/Audi car show this weekend and taken my Nikon D40x. I was hoping a few people could give me some feedback on the pic's and let me know how im getting on.

gENERIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:38 PM   #2

some nice cars

couple o things u need to watch out for are "Litter" and "peoples heads" those u can do something about but u cant do anything about masts and trees

its hard to be aware of things intruding into the shot but after a time u realise it and move things or wait till people get out of the way

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:47 PM   #3

It's amazing. Car shows all look alike whether they're held in Germany the U.K. or here in the States. I've given up taking pictures at car shows. Too many people poking their heads in your shot, bad backrounds and the grass littered with garbage. The only way to get around these problems is to eliminate the backrounds completely by concentrating on a particular aspect of the car itself such as an intereresting hood ornament or grill detail or a set of custom wheels etc. This works paticularly well if the show is an antique car show.

BTW: Have you noticed that the lavatories at these events are always located a mile away?
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:40 PM   #4

Best advice from Reanimator and BeeCee. I will only add that if you are shooting cars you should try to keep the lines clean. Shoot low perhaps so there is a sky background. But as BeeCee said sometimes you have to just shoot the cars interesting features.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:01 AM   #5

cool another dubbernice shots man, i went there too
Redsquare is offline   Reply With Quote