Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:02 PM   #1

what do you think???

Attached Images
eng.bassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:19 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Firstly let me welcome you to Steve's, hope you findit as helpful as most people do!!

You are shooting a difficult scene with the moon being incredibly bright (most people don't realise how much light is reflected from the sun) and then a scene being lit by it.... so you are in the same realm as trying to geta shot with the sun and a scene without exposure problems.

You are suffering from high noise here so not sure if you could have seta longer shutter time to reduce the needed ISO (I'm not an expert on the Canon A75) to help reduce that. By using a noise removal prog like Noiseware, Noise Ninja etc will really help.

Another thing to correct which is really simple is the horizon as it is out by just under 1.5 degrees and that will help lots.

I think what I might have tried with this is to frame further left and also lower so you have more of the beach and cut the moon out at the top. If you could have increased the exposure a little as well then think you would be looking better.

So there you have it, to reiterate the main problem is the dynamic range (difference between the light and dark areas) so if next time you can find a scene with the moon but the land lit then your balance will be much nice.

Hope to see more shots from you.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:31 PM   #3

I agree wholeheartedly with Mark. In fact, I ran your pic through Noiseware Pro and it made a big difference reducing the noise. A very nice photo indeed.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote