Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 10, 2007, 2:07 AM   #1

another pic from me
Attached Images
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2007, 4:34 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Me again..... here you have the opposite problem to the fist one where the shot is slightly over exposed and it also look a bit flat (not enough contrast). It looks as if the camera has focused her left arm rather than the face. For a portrait the face/eyes should be the focal point, there are occasions to break this (as with all rules) but it is knowing when and how.

As a viewer I feel out of touch with this as there is not contact from the eyes so I'm not really sure what is going on here. There needs to be a story, a connection in some way.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 6:29 PM   #3

i thkn you have acaptured a great moment and the comp is good. The shot comes across as moody with the lack of eye contact but i think this sort of mood isnt shown in the processing. the flat contrast doesnt really suit.

Just in regards to pp just try messing with contrast on this shot. I think hardened contrast will fall more in line with wht the shot seems to be saying.

Very fast edit, Just duplicated shot twice and used soft blend modes on both to strretch blacks and whites.

hope you dont mind

Attached Images
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote