Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 26, 2007, 4:28 PM   #1

Please feel free to comment on these pics, had to resize buy quite a bit to get them to upload.

Attached Images
Norfolk Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2007, 5:36 PM   #2

Hi there,

It's an interesting mix of colours (blue sky, white building parts, of course the pink flowers, green leaves and stonework). Well done.

For me, a shame the left of the tree was "cut off"... and also (I'm not sure) it might have been slightly better with a slightly wider perspective (if possible).

too many parts of the white are blown out (very bright, loosing their definition)... and I think if you would have exposed slightly shorter, maybe that would have been better. It might be possible to improve in a post edit though... (sorry I don't have the time just now).

I am guessing, but I think your camera / lens has probably also been affected in this photo by glare (I am guessing from all the white around, reflecting bright light into your camera lens at various angles) which seem to loose some of the contrast. So maybe adjusting curves / contrast as well as a bit of sharpening would improve the outcome... I might have a play with your photo if I get the chance later.

But really, thanks for sharing. I'm just trying to give constructive feedback.

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote