Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 15, 2007, 1:27 PM   #1

Sunset over the Eildon Hills, from the village where I live (St. Boswells) in the Scottish Borders.

Please let me know what you think.
Attached Images
calmac1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:29 PM   #2

This lovelyimage reminded me of one of many short holidays in the Borders, visiting our daughter in Edinburgh. We climbed the Eildon Hills in 2003, and saw the glorious wide views all around.

By a remarkable coincidence, not having thought of those hills for years, I happened to mention them only yesterday morning (as I write at 0425 GMT). On the way to the village Post Office, I met a neighbour holdingin check her off-road baby buggy (with baby) as she descended the steep track through the churchyard. I reminisced about buggy-packing with our children (now 16 & 23), with a lightweight foldaway pushchair and tent, along tracks in unlikely places such as the hills near Dalwhinnie, on the edge of the Cairngorms. I wished such serviceable machinesas her buggy had been invented then.

I said I'd been terrified to see to see one, complete with passenger and parent driver, descending a precipitous track on the EildonHills, and that in such circumstances, I'd always had the buggy well tied on to me in case I stumbled. Here's a picture of that day in 2003.

As you asked for 'critique', I'd prefer it with the gate cropped off, not because of the gate itself, but because of the distracting handle. I tried cropping a copy, and preferred it. Cloning out the handle would do as well. The colour is super. Do you look at the 'Landscape Photos' forum round here?

I'll send you a 'pm' as well.
Attached Images
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:30 AM   #3

Really nice photos, but the first one a little underexposed, thanks for showing them.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:34 AM   #4

The handle is also the first thing to grab my eye.

Otherwise its great. I like it a bit under exposed.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2007, 6:47 AM   #5

The reds and yellows of the clouds and the green of the field are broken up by the strip of black across the center of the frame.

There's no focal point. I find that my attention is bouncing around looking for something interesting. The colors are great, but I don't know what you want me to look at.
TCav is online now   Reply With Quote