Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:27 AM   #1

Shot from the Carneige Bridge looking into downtown Cleveland.
Attached Images
mikemcc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:31 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Mike and welcome to Steve's, glad you got stuck in and have been posting already, its a great way to improve!!

An important thing to consider when taking photos is subject, what are you wanting to capture? Here there is just too much going on, and the only thing that attracts the eye is the well lit building in the distance.

Sometimes less is more so using more zoom (if available) or moving location will really help with your photo.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 1:02 PM   #3

I agree with Mark. This photo shows too much and nothing at all interesting. The lights in the background are ok but no focus on anything in particular. And as for composition, there isnt much balance or overall completeness of the view. I dont like to be so negative, but I look forward to some more from you. I actually prefer night shots to daylight so dont stop.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 3:20 PM   #4

Mike - nice to see someone else from NE Ohio here! I actually live down in Wadsworth but work up Cleveland way. Not much the others haven't covered. Just wanted to say Hi. And also encourage you to stick around the forums and keep getting feedback. Especially with scenic shots it can be difficult to get started and selecting good subject(s) for your photos. Good luck and welcome aboard!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:48 AM   #5

Miike, Welcome aboard!! I will mirror what has already been said. The main thing is to keep shooting and trying new things, and have fun with it!!

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote