Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:29 PM   #1

But soon to be adorned in her finest spring apparel.....and desiring to know what you think of her majestic pose now :G

re: Taken April 24th, around 4 pm, looking east from the island toward the mainland and the Cascade Mountain range in the far background.
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2009, 6:28 PM   #2

She is a beaut.
Ive seen this done before,and something that I have always wanted to do, take a tree, any tree, just a majestic thing and take a shot through the 4 seasons. Put them together in some "collage" thingy.

Can we see her again in 4 and 6 mths time?

SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 12:07 AM   #3

I love bare trees with lovely branches like this one. The only thing you might have done differently is take a step or two back - just enough to not crop off the very top of the tree. I don't think its bad the way it is, it's just that I like to see the whole shape. I like the green grass and the blue of the water and the sky.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:05 PM   #4

This is too good! Just thinking if you had put the tree in the centre, would it be more appropriate? And agree with 'mtngal' about cropping the top.
siddhartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 4:55 AM   #5

I like observing her branches spread across the blue sky knowing her roots go deep into the depths of the earth... (reminding methe tree allegoryby Nietzsche. Ah, there are many, aren't there : )

Compositionwise Iagree with the comments above regarding the cropped top of the tree, and I also think cropping from either sides (thus eliminating the projecting young trees but preserving the ones that support the movement!) would bringemphasize on the soaring pose of the subject.
Attached Images
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote