Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 27, 2009, 5:37 PM   #1

[img]http://a05-b05.mypicturetown.com/P2PwebCmdController/cache/Nr8U*6%25Keni7BN6RiZeX0gnz%26ioxSpwYzmo2DS3LOmNCkf L3Nhv7*ktP3JSR/item.JPG?rot=1[/img]

Let me know what you think.

myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:13 AM   #2

Your subjects are adorable yet I find he DOF is a bit much shallow (it works well in some cases though).I cannot access the exif, but I'd suggest using a narrower aperture;f/8 or even a bitbigger in numberto cover more of the flower in focus while preserving a nice bokeh from that distance. I'd use the single focus point and focus on the the part of the flowerwhere I find interesting and recompose. In the second picture I find the blade of grass somewhat distracting, again,from the beautiful subject : ) Actually I'm not much into macro photography, so I wouldn't say more.

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:10 PM   #3

Hi i agree with bahadir. myselfalso new in this i did sharpen one of your picture
Attached Images
jollyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:20 PM   #4

Flowers are harder to get right than most people realize. I agree with bahadir that the first one (especially) would be better with a bigger depth of field (smaller aperture). The second one would be really nice if it weren't the out of focus blade of grass in front of it. I find that very distracting (and can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing, concentrating so hard on the flower and focusing that I won't notice that pesky piece of grass. You've done quite well with the pink - most cameras have a tough time with reds, tending to oversaturate/overexpose it. These came out very well.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote