Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 10, 2009, 9:50 PM   #1
Default spring roses

i took these just the other morning...cc please
Attached Images
slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2009, 12:14 PM   #2

The pink rose: The picture is very crowded it's kinda too full for my taste. I do not see artistic lines between objects. The roses on top and below are half on the picture.... this is something i do not like...is it possible to take from a better angle?You did manage to take the picture off centre. Good. And you played with DOF..good.

purple rose:
like this one! a few possible things to try:
take a shot of the whole rose...move it a bit to the left. Unless you try to say something with a half rose. The move it a bit up/down (off centre)
Then use a bit of fill light from a flash...to make the flower more bright and make the water reflect the light. Without making the background more bright.... that's possible....if your shuttertime and diafragma is giving the background light no chance to enter the camera sensor....limit the flash direction to only your rose by using a ....a ....forgot name...just make a retangle of carton and wrap it around your flash..then the flash light only goes to the rose...so only the rose is lit more...

feetjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 12:41 PM   #3

I agree with feetjai on the single purple rose. I took the liberty(hope you don't mind) of messing with the first pic a little. I did a levels adjustment, some saturation on the green, yellow and red channels, and some unsharp mask. Very quick, just my interpretation, mind you, so view with that in mind. Thanks, Robert

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote