Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 21, 2009, 9:07 AM   #1
Default A fading past.....

I tried to introduce a little mood to this old dilapidated gal, who, I expect, will be reduced to kindling once the economy picks back up. The island is strewn with such cottages, I'd love to be able to hear the walls talk, I can only imagine the tears and laughter they could share. It seems so sad to silence them in such a manner

Did I manage to convey a sense of somberness to my composition?
Could you please share your thoughts and suggestions please?

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2009, 9:19 PM   #2

Your composition looks like a good record shot of the house in its surroundings. It doesnt convey any feelings to me one way or the other. Its not an artistic composition that makes me want to look longer. Its just a record of the moment. Perhaps from a different angle you might have more luck. Looking at it again, I guess its missing some sky. The foreground and background vegetation is too solid for my liking. There is something incomplete.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 2:08 AM   #3

Your title of 'a fading past' grabbed the one who enjoys melancholy like me! Agreed with Bynx on sth being incomplete, ah, like the everyday life...and sth. a bit much extra perhaps, in my opinion, like the colour. It is the vivid memories of the past days, like those of the childhood, stimulating the mood, which still prevail (!) on the opening behind the house, my gaze, fatefully, is drifted into. I breath in quite a somberness there actually... Anyway, hope you don't mind my take below.
Attached Images

Last edited by bahadir; May 22, 2009 at 2:22 AM.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote