Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Closed Thread
Old May 10, 2010, 11:27 AM   #51
Super Moderator

i guess you all have noticed you can now comment on the photos in their threads withing the "potd" forum
Old May 10, 2010, 11:46 AM   #52

I already have, but im going to only keep my "polite" C&C in there, and we can use this for more actual C&C, if you understand what im getting at?
Old May 10, 2010, 12:07 PM   #53

OK guys and gals....

I'm closing this thread for a variety of reasons.

For one thing, you're posting someone elses photos without their knowledge (or even giving them credit for some of the images being posted in this thread, other than mentioning that they're a POTD Winner).

If you didn't take a photo yourself, we prefer that you don't post it here (and that goes for any forum here, not just the Photo Critiques Forum).

For another thing, the photographers may not appreciate having their images critiqued in the way this forum was setup for.

As already mentioned, we have opened up the Photo of the Day Contest Forum for comments. But, if I see any comments that are too far out of line, and we feel they're unfair to the Photographers submitting the POTD photos, we may end up reconsidering allowing comments. So, please keep the Photographers' feelings in mind when commenting there, as not everyone has a "thick skin" when it comes to the type of critique often given in our Photo Critiques Forum (especially since the Photographers winning the POTD didn't ask for Critique).

Thanks for understanding.

Closed Thread