Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:33 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
Zig- yes, you are correct, that is Saint Francis Xavier College Church, nice catch!
In my previous life in sales for a St. Louis manufacturer of bar coding systems, I spent a fair amount of time in the city. One of the owners lived in Clayton and one of his favorite haunts was Blueberry Hill on Delmar. So we got a chance to see a bit of the area. That's a great part of the city, as you know, with Washington University, St. Louis University, Forest Park The Museum of Arts, etc all in close proximity. You are fortunate to live in a beautiful area rich with photo opportunities.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:33 AM   #12

Great picture, great idea with that crescent moon top-left, and well carried out process with the HDR and B&W, alltogether presented in an unusual format - It works, very well!

Is the vertical of the steeple a bit off to the left....?

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:31 AM   #13

I was about to comment on the slight tilt, when I saw Walter S's observation. That was the second thing I noticed after being very impressed with your composition. Nice.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:14 PM   #14

I love it my self but tell me what time was the shot taken cause for my mind its like saying... " wait a minute the sun is shining on that one side of the moon but it its dark?" that is the parts I do see in pictures... very becoming of course a trickery in depth of both fields in this one shot.... the distance of the sun from the moon and earth at the same time can play tricks in photos with people's minds. Kinda throws a Ball back to the mental physics of crazy...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:28 PM   #15
Super Moderator

thank you to everyone that commented. i really appreciate you taking the time. its always great to hear feedback, good or bad, when you are trying something new.

to both Walters - this shot was taken at a decently steep angle so there was quite a bit of convergence. so i did correct the majority of it. when i went further with the correction to perfectly straight, the proportions were getting too far off, at least to my eyes after viewing the original scene. i found this to be, to my eye, the best balance of convergence correction without distorting the proportions too much. nice catch though.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote