Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:39 PM   #11

Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I've been thinking about this scene for a couple of days, and considering what I might do to get the look I wanted. I finally remembered something that I read in a photography book that said any time you include a person in a photo, they become the subject.
I believe the above only after overdosing on Nathans Hot Dogs (And fortunately the Betty Ford Clinc cured me of the addiction.

Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
So I'm going to go back and shoot the scene with a much longer lens, forgetting about the rest of the room, perhaps zooming in on someone like the guy with the Mac laptop or the girl with the crutch reading the paper. Besides using a long lens and paying attention to sight lines so that those in seats in front don't block whoever becomes the subject, what else should I think about/do when re-shooting the scene?
I like the first picture. I like Bynxs alteration, and I think that when you go back with a longer lens you will take some nice pictures that will have little to do directly with the above. Although it will make for a good series...

Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:11 PM   #12

What if the focus becomes the arches and the light. Darken the photo a bit, increase the contrast so that the floor becomes darker/negative space, you loose some of the details in the walls, but then light and shape become the focus, not details and people. I tried a bit on PS, but ended up overprocessing. May work with your original.

KevinLF is offline   Reply With Quote