Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:22 PM   #11

I just bought "Sagelight" for $1 online. I used that. I believe it is currently $1 all this month (normally it is $60.)

I used the clone affect. I can choose an area of the picture and clone it and add it to another part of the picture in varying pressures and hardness to make it look more natural. I use it to cover up blemishes, or telephone wires in pictures, etc.
ewheeler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:13 PM   #12

I don't know if you'll think this is an improvement or not, but here's one possible way to go. I like the dog pretty much as is, so I more or less left him alone. The light blue blanket is what bothered me, so I selected just the lighter blue and copied it to a separate layer. Then I used some gaussian blur and lightened it a bit. I tried darkening it first, but didn't like it at all - the pup started to blend into the background too much and I think he should stand out. I used levels to lighten the darks and mid-tones, leaving the light side of the histogram alone. Then I used another levels adjustment layer to change the mid-tones of the shot, which also slightly darkened the dog to compensate for the flash being a bit strong. You could probably do better with the original.

I left the bits of blown-out fur, I thought it made him look very sleek and gave him a shiny coat (reminded me of horses ready for the show ring).
Attached Images
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote