Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:35 AM   #1
Default couple of portrait's

took a few of my boss's daughter when we were in michigan...the one in the tree didnt turn out like i wanted...but im tryin...soo let me have it...lol..
Attached Images
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2010, 8:15 AM   #2

They are both nice shots for different reasons. My favorite one is the first one because it looks pretty natural. Its the kind of shot your daughter wont be embarrassed to let people see and it looks almost like a record of a private moment of hers. Your second shot is good because of the dof you used. Its perfect. As for the pose, well its kind of goofy looking and Im sure she wont like it as much, if not now then later in life.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:58 PM   #3

I think the second one funny, it brought a smile to my face. I do agree with Bynx that she might not like it, but anything that brings a smile is good. And technically its very good.

The first one is my favorite, it says summer vacation very loudly. She looks a bit soft at this size, so perhaps the dof isn't quite big enough or the upload compressed it a bit more than it should? It doesn't detract, but a tiny thing I noticed. In any case, I love the shot, and sure wish I were her age again and could sit in a tree just enjoying the day.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote