Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:57 PM   #1
Default blues man

wondering what any of you would have done with this photo. the first is the original below it is what i did. Any suggestions would help. thank u
Attached Images
jenns eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:51 PM   #2

For me I think I would have shot from a different angle, I find the metal support post a little distracting. Maybe clone it out and again from a personal point of view, I would like to see all of the man right down to his feet.
Cropping out the window display behind him was a good move.
gsiddorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:20 PM   #3

Hi. I think personally that you dit it justice by the B/W conversion, I think that gives a better feel for the piece than the color, which in my taste (the color) is distracting from the subject, plus it gives a different charactor to the players face. I might have just included the very tip of the horn in the shot to make it look more complete. I do like the shot, very real feel to it!

Last edited by hkmp50; Nov 14, 2010 at 4:22 PM.
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:10 AM   #4

Jenn.....I have to agree with gsiddorn about the back ground...Very un appealing..Especially the trash can...One of my pet peeves...I do a lot of beach weddings and family shoots and where we go, there are tons of blue trash cans
all up and down the beach, that get in my shots and I have to spend time editing
them out...Thats my pet peeve...Anyway...Again the back ground is the big problem here...Try a different angle or do one heck of an editing job...
"Life Is Short, Drink The Good Wine First"...
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:29 AM   #5

I don't think the trash can is so out of place in this picture. It sort of adds to the ambiance. The I-beam is a bit distracting, but doesn't look to be readily edited out, due to the sign it is partly covering. The B&W conversion is definitely better than color, for this shot, though I may have just desaturated to a faded appearance instead.

Attached Images

Last edited by VTphotog; Nov 16, 2010 at 9:46 AM. Reason: added image example
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote