Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Default Interesting Effect?

Hello all.

I have been going back through all my old photos i've taken over the year and playing around with them since the weather and work have not been nice enough to let me outdoors to take photos.

This image was created using a RAW image captured at night. Three different variations were made using the same RAW file. They were then layer masked together (I got a Wacom tablet for Christmas and have been wanting to try it out).

The effect that i found interesting was the "cloud" effect in the sky that came from me hurrying the mask and not taking the time to make sure all my brush strokes were blended. I personally like the effect, but i'm biased so i would like everyone's opinion.

Thank You
Attached Images
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:10 AM   #2

I n all honesty, I really don/t like the effect. It fives a really fake look to an otherwise good picture. I am not sure I see it as you do, i fI look at it really fast out of the corner of my eye it kinda works but upon close inspection it kind of looks like some bacteria culture on a petri dish. That is my honest opinion. Is this something you can redo and take your time on, if so it probably would be worth it. Cheers, Frank
The hardest part of accepting criticism is realizing I am not perfect.......
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:14 AM   #3

I honestly have to agree with all Frank said. Just looks so fake and unnatural to me.
Would have looked much better without the "cloud-effect"
Best Regards,
Istvan84 is offline   Reply With Quote