Views: 228
Size:  248.0 KB

Name:  P7020037.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  253.2 KB

Name:  P6280012.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  203.7 KB

Last edited by ardgart; Sep 16, 2011 at 8:30 AM.
ardgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:58 AM   #2

Really sorry folks didnt realise your only meant to post one pic at a time
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:07 AM   #3
Default Welcome to Steve's

Hi ardgart and welcome to Steve’s.

I would say these are pretty good for a newbie.

As for what I would like to see with each is this.

1) I like the subject. I am just not sure I like the right edge as much as the rest of the image. I think I would like it even better if the right edge was cropped to get rid of the side wall. Also if possible you could darken the sky just a little by applying a different layer and lowering the exposure just on the sky area. Finally I would rotate the image so that the vertical lines in the center or closest to the viewer are straight up and down.

2) I like the giraffe and am planning a trip to the zoo soon to take photos of the animals which I have never done but am looking forward to it. It looks like the focus may have been off slightly. To me it looks like some of the leaves may be sharper than the giraffe. If not already doing so make sure you choose a focus point on the giraffe – preferably on his head/face/eye.

3) The flowers is my least favorite of these three. Just not much interest for me but I am not a flower person. The focus here is on that second group of petals. Maybe if the flowers in focus were more oriented toward the camera it would be better.

Don’t let my little nit-picking bother you. Overall it is a nice start. I think you have a good eye and photography can be a lot of fun. Keep shooting and I hope you post more.

Canon 7D
griffina6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:26 AM   #4

Pretty well done for a newb,if you keep at it you are sure to get better.
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:48 AM   #5

Thank you kindly for your comments after reading what you have said yes perhaps a bit of cropping of first shot would indeed improve it i really will take on board all you have said as it will help me become a better photographer
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:59 PM   #6

My thoughts:
1: Nice "Cheshire village" look to it. Can't think what town this is exactly, but he shot would look well in "all creatures great and small". I csn understand the crop suggestions, but then you may cut out that interesting curve in the road at the bottom.
2: 3: Same as above. Not the best due to focus on 2, and not so interesting subject on 3.
So: if you wanted to be a pro: Set your style at #1. A lot of promise in "seeing something" to snap. Oh: and having lived in such places, the "dull look" is just about right to me, if this is a stormy day. If it really was sunny, then dimming the sky applies.
SnapCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote