Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:29 AM   #1

Default the fisherman!!

Here is another one of my father after coming home from fishing so raw love it what do you all think about it more critique the better

bigbob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:52 AM   #2

A fisherman, four nice fish and the bird all in one photo. Well done.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bynx View Post
a fisherman, four nice fish and the bird all in one photo. Well done.
That's funny.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:39 AM   #4

haha I didnt even realize hahaha what do you think I could improve on photos like this one??
bigbob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:27 PM   #5

It's been a long time since I posted and I always feel funny critiquing without any of my work left to comment on. But since you ask for critique, I'll give some.

The focus on your father's face seems nice and sharp and he has a great fisherman's face. The overhead cloud means no distracting shadows on his face and I think it is well lit. The near symmetry of the fish is nice and frames his face well. However the background turns it into a snapshot. Nice for the family album, but as art or a particularly interesting photo, it looses alot as the context isn't there. The tank behind him and the blue box beside him just clash.

I assume he had come home and this isn't at the cottage. Ideally, some water and/or a boat somewhere in the background would be nice. If there's none around, I'd find some trees or a bush for a background. The fish and his face say wilderness but the background puts you in someone's backyard.

I'd would have also considered having him remove the glasses completely. Having them on his head also puts him back into civilization.

Kevin

Last edited by klfatcj; Oct 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM.
klfatcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:14 AM   #6

Nice catch (pun intended), it a good snap shot, one for the family photo album.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by klfatcj View Post
It's been a long time since I posted and I always feel funny critiquing without any of my work left to comment on. But since you ask for critique, I'll give some.

The focus on your father's face seems nice and sharp and he has a great fisherman's face. The overhead cloud means no distracting shadows on his face and I think it is well lit. The near symmetry of the fish is nice and frames his face well. However the background turns it into a snapshot. Nice for the family album, but as art or a particularly interesting photo, it looses alot as the context isn't there. The tank behind him and the blue box beside him just clash.

I assume he had come home and this isn't at the cottage. Ideally, some water and/or a boat somewhere in the background would be nice. If there's none around, I'd find some trees or a bush for a background. The fish and his face say wilderness but the background puts you in someone's backyard.

I'd would have also considered having him remove the glasses completely. Having them on his head also puts him back into civilization.

Kevin

I agree with this, and would also add that the pole sticking out of his head is quite distracting also..Just sayin...